Beeramisu – The Ultimate Recipe
There’s nothing better than combining a delectable recipe with alcohol. In reality, a conventional Tiramisu recipe contains either rum or brandy but the recipe we are sharing includes beer. The best part of this recipe is that it offers a great balance of flavours – malty, creamy, sweet and a mild bitterness from the beer.
Ingredients (makes 4 small cups)
- 1/4 cup softened mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup stout
- 9 ladyfingers (finger shaped pieces of spongecake)
- cocoa, to garnish
- Mix the mascarpone and sugar in a bowl and stir the sugar dissolves. Whip the whipping cream using a stand mixer until the cream stiffens. This should take approximately 2-3 minutes. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mix.
- Pour the stout into a shallow bowl and dip the ladyfingers into the beer and turning them once. Do not let them soak for too long or else they will fall apart.
- Place the soaked ladyfingers in a tight layer at the bottom of each of your cups. You might need to break the ladyfingers into smaller pieces. Spoon some mascarpone into the cup and smoothen out the layer. Dust this layer with cocoa powder. Repeat this process of mascarpone and garnish with cocoa powder until you reach the top of the cup. Wrap up each cup and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
Image Credit : I am a food blog